Thursday, 25 June 2009

Pot Stands

Pot stands must be the handiest thing around in your kitchen (except for a good sharp knife)!

I still remember Mom using a trivet that expanded - this is much more elegant & pretty.

This is really the easiest thing to mosaic, and the one thing I make the most of.


This was my first pair of pot stands. I actually made them for my sister for Christmas 2006, but loved them so much, I couldn't let them go! So I kept them, and they have stood the test of time!


Well, Veruschka also liked the first pair I made, but her kitchen is black, so I decided to go this route, and boy, was this a winner! This has to be my most liked mosaic, and I just keep on getting orders for them. Christal eventually got her pot stands in the black format, as did Shani & Ingrid (it goes well with their Memo Boards - also in black with a chili.)

My aunt liked the chili's as well, but wanted something in blue. So this belongs to her.


Tekkies' bday 2007.

This is one of my favourite pieces. My kitchen is all about chickens, so I got these 3 napkins, and the wooden blocks. The napkins were decoupaged onto the wood, then I used black river glass tiles for the border, and got some clear glass tiles to cover it with. The majority vote was to leave out the grouting, so I did. They call it MOSAICOUPAGE. =)

This was made as a gift to the same aunt that later ordered the blue chilies.


Christal's bday prezzie 2008. She also later ordered a pair of the black chili pot stands.


So I thought everyone knew about my Mosaic-addiction. But turns out, Gideoni didn't. But, boy, when she found out, she made up for lost time!!! Gideoni has been a very good & loyal customer to me! These were made for her orange patio.
Susan loves hearts. Her whole house is full of hearts. And I love it. So I made the first one for her as a birthday gift last year. She ordered the other 2 afterwards. Totally suits her. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment